- Types of Food For Aquarium Fish Best Guide 2021
- How To Prevent Aquarium Fish Diseases Best Guide 2021
Steps To Freeze Your Catch!
Catching is one of the great joys of fishing. As our ancestors did, there is a primary satisfaction in having the ability not only to find and fish successfully but to prepare and serve them as food for your loved ones.
How To Freeze Fish At Home?
Once you have mastered the art of filleting (or cleaning) fish, you will need to know how to properly freeze fresh fish. This is the key to preserving the flavor and quality of each steak. Follow each step that we present below to freeze fresh fish in the simplest way.
The Best Way To Freeze Fish In Ziplock!
- Put your fish on ice immediately. It is important that you keep the fish submerged in ice until it is ready to fillet.
- Clean the fish you have caught quickly. Then process it and sort it into meal-size portions. Cut it up and again classify the steaks based on how many you plan to cook at a time.
- Rinse with cold water. This will help remove any residual slime, particles, or other contaminants that could compromise the taste. After doing this, pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Put everything in plastic bags. It is recommended to use quart bags and place three or four fillets in each one. Some people argue over how to freeze fresh fish, suggesting adding water to the bags, however, this can turn the meat into a puree if you’re not careful.
- Then remove the air. Exposure to air can cause freezer burns, destroying the meat. Using a vacuum sealer is an effective preservation method, but you can also use resealable plastic bags. Prepare a large bowl of water and dip the bottom of the open bag into the water until it reaches the top of the fish (but don’t let it overflow into the bag). This acts as a vacuum sealer, expelling the air. Then, close the top securely before freezing the fish.
- Finally, if possible, wrap it in butcher paper. If the plastic bag is punctured in the freezer, this will protect the contents from exposure to cold air and freezer burns.
- When you’re ready to eat, thaw it in cold water or in the refrigerator overnight. Knowing how to freeze fresh fish properly will ensure that none of your catch is wasted and then you can provide a fresh, healthy, and tasty meal for your entire family.
- Now that you know how to freeze and thaw fresh fish, it’s time to take out that family recipe and prepare the best dish you can for everyone at home. It will surely be an extremely exquisite meal.
- Steps To Freeze Your Catch. These are the best tips and step to freeze your catch or fish