Fishing with neodymium magnets is ideal for those who love nature and are passionate about finding pieces and treasures in unexpected places. Many of the treasures lie at the bottom of the river or the sea and this new entertainment allows to bring them to light.
Do you want to know the secrets of this new hobby? Would you like to know the keys to be able to be successful in this new adventure? Let’s go there!
- Best Walleye Fishing Tips 2021
- What do Starfish Eat? Best to Know Everything 2021
- Best Reasons To Go For Kayak Fishing 2021
- Best Ice Fishing Tips and Tricks 2021
What is a Magnetic Fishing
Magnetic fishing consists of recovering metallic objects that are under the water using a magnet, usually neodymium because they are the most powerful magnets in the world.
This activity has been practiced for a long time, but in recent years it has become a sport that is very fashionable among treasure hunters.
This has allowed a great community to be created around magnet fishing where we can find information and video channels where we can see the exploits of some of the most relevant magnetic fishermen.
Obviously, the probability of fishing valuable objects will depend on the area where we are, so in addition to being a practical activity, it will also require us to do research work to inform ourselves and document ourselves about those places where we foresee that we can find valuable relics, either by war conflicts of the past or by old constructions, places of passage or shipwrecks. The fun is served.
What Is The Best Magnet For Magnet Fishing
Magnet: There are several models of N52 single-sided and double-sided neodymium magnets. The bigger the magnet, the bigger the objects.
Rope: must be strong, thick (at least 1 cm in diameter), and strong.
Claw: This accessory has 3 long teeth. Designed to complement your fishing gear with the magnet, it will come in handy for lifting heavy or non-metallic objects buried deep in the water. When the magnet cannot rise, the clamp enters the scene.
Gloves – A solid pair of gloves ideally made from sturdy leather to give you optimal protection when handling trapped objects.
What Neodymium Magnets do I Need for Magnetic Fishing?
The indicated thing is to use neodymium magnets due to their enormous power and quality of the materials since they are coated to withstand oxidation and corrosion in an activity that is carried out underwater.
From an adhesion force of 45Kg, we will already find magnets suitable for fishing with magnets. In addition, it is recommended to use N52 type magnets with a hook to be able to place the rope easily and start enjoying our hobby as soon as possible.
Magnet Fishing Kit to Get Started In Magnet Fishing?
To take our first steps in fishing magnets we will need certain accessories to have all the necessary tools to make our fishing day a success. This is the equipment you should have:
- Neodymium magnet: The fundamental part of this type of fishing is the neodymium magnet (heavy duty magnets) with a hook. They are used to this type of magnets due to their great attraction force and their compact size. The bigger and stronger it has, the better it will be to attract objects from the background, although you must have the insight not to go too far since if you stick to a very large metallic object it will be very difficult to recover it.
- Rope: Another important element will be a rope that we must tie to the magnet’s hook to be able to release it underwater. Generally, ropes of 15-20m long and that are highly resistant are usually used, since they must withstand the force of the currents and the weight of the captured objects.
- Gloves: Precisely due to the currents and the force of the magnet, it will be necessary to use gloves to avoid abrasions to the hands when it sticks to some metal element. Safety and avoiding damage is equally important.
- Rain boots: If you are going to fish in rivers, it may be interesting that you go a bit into shallow areas to be able to have a greater range and greater control over the throw and the collection. Always that yes in a safe place.
- Backpack: In order to store all your accessories and captures, it is highly recommended to carry a backpack.
- Suitable clothing: Whether it is summer and it is very hot or if it is too cold, wear the right clothes for the type of weather in order to feel comfortable, enjoy the activity and not get unpleasant surprises.
- Protection from the sun: it is also recommended in times of high heat to wear sunscreen and a cap to protect yourself from the sun.
What Type of Magnet Is Best For Magnet Fishing
In general, we can find infinite objects fishing with a neodymium magnet as long as they are obviously metallic. Some of the most wanted and desired elements can be:
- Ancient weapons, pocket knives, knives.
- Coins and treasures.
- Ancient relics from the iron age.
- Remains of projectiles and elements of war.
- Utensils and tools.
- Chunks of ferric minerals.
- Valuables from the Middle Ages.
Magnetic Fishing Laws
- It is an activity that is done outdoors in nature.
- The surprise factor is constant since we do not know the object that we have captured until the moment of taking it out.
- We can find objects of great value for our collections, treasures, and relics.
- It is entertainment that is fashionable and attracts many people
- We can learn and document the history of the areas where we go fishing
Tips for Fishing with Neodymium Magnets
- Collection of objects: when we detect that we have caught something we must ensure that the extraction is safe in the environment where we are. Make sure that there are no people or other metal objects nearby, as well as objects or boats in the collection path that could harm other people or that could make us lose our fishing.
- Rust – Underwater, use, and shock can damage the neodymium magnet coatings and rust the surface. That is why they must be maintained and dried well so that there is no corrosion in the material. From time to time we will have to replace the magnet if it deteriorates too much.
- Be careful with very powerful magnets: the larger magnets the more powerful they are and that is why we must be very careful with them when handling and storing them. It is advisable to use cut resistant gloves to avoid damage if by accident an unexpected metal that is in your area of attraction is stuck. It is also advisable to store them in isolation in a plastic box with foam in order to transport them safely and not attract metallic objects that are around them.
- Check current legislation: magnetic fishing is not regulated and each autonomous community may have different regulations in this regard. Check with the appropriate regulatory authorities
- Caution: There are still a multitude of mines, grenades, or explosive devices that can cause serious damage if detonated, so if you find any suspicious object, do not touch it and notify the authorities if you think it is convenient.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s rules of use.